Thursday, April 14, 2011

Where do you stand and what are you standing on?

It has been a few weeks since I first approached you. I have been working my mind over the very questions that you posed on Sunday. A few months ago some old college friends started a facebook group called truth keepers. I joined, interested in their postings and definitions of truth. Day after day, I read everything posted by everyone. It became apparent all philosophies of life and truth lined up well with my own understandings, as do most other religions. However, as with all other religions each has a contradictory belief at its very core. Christians believe Jesus Christ to be the Messiah, Jews do not, Muslims believe him to a prophet and not God, Buddhists believe we can all be gods and that the deity dwells within us etc. It became a very real matter of eternal life and death for me and my friends who I care about. With out going too much further I believe, just as you have shown, the church has done a dismal job at loving and accepting others. I have apologized to the friends I have spoken with for the rejections they have felt and the misrepresentation we have on the fundamental beliefs as Christ followers.
Pastor, as you follow God, I follow God. I want to speak with you on my ideas of how to reach the 97% who have rejected the church. God has put a burning desire in my heart. I have 5 questions I'd like to have your personal and doctrinal beliefs. I will list them however, if this is a convo better suited in person I'm open for that as well. Either way I'll list them for you to look over and answer as you please. Thank you so much for reading this may God bless you, your family and your church.
What are your views (personally/doctrinally) on these issues:

1. Aliens
2. Angels/demons
3.2012
4.Anti-Christ
5. The book of Revelation

No comments:

Post a Comment